Friday, February 18, 2011

Books for the Jungle School

Hearts in Action in the Peten, Guatemala has requested children's books. I can foresee beautiful, colorful, interesting books that will delight any child. I seldom maybe never ask for donations for a ministry I've not seen with my own eyes. I've been to Guatemala nine times to visit and minister with the Babarczys who founded and direct Hearts in Action which built the Jungle School. The children who attend The Jungle School are very very poor and except for this school most would not have educational opportunities. By poor I mean dirt floor and no running water. Neil and I remarked that we'd never ever seen a place where children don't play! In the Peten children just STAND on land beside the road...stand staring! But in the Jungle School children are engaged in and excited abut learning. Women with a Vision will end a box of lovely children's books in Spanish. If you would like to send yours on your own check out http//:heartsinaction.org

Otherwise send them with us:
Women with a Vision
P.O. Box 693
Florissant, MO 63032
incorporated since 1985.

No comments:

Post a Comment