Thursday, November 22, 2012

Barely Got Into Scotland




Shortly before Lee Cedra and I went into Scotland I had attended a conference in St Louis led by a man whose ministry included gold appearing in the service , even having new gold teeth  placed in people’s mouths. I wasn’t  interested in the hype but I knew the pastor before he had fallen, repented, and been restored so I went and was touched by the sweetness of the worship. I couldn’t stop crying. I told some of the women from Women with a Vision about it. One woman sniffed and said, “Cheryl you are SO dramatic and emotional. That’s why you cried. And that is the LAST THING I NEED! A BIG GOLD TOOTH IN THE FRONT OF THIS BLACK WOMAN’S MOUTH! ” So she came the next evening to prove that I was over-the-top in the touchy feel-ly department. But she wasn’t prepared for the effect that the worship had on her. She was sobbing and broken.  At the end of the service she even went up when prayer was offered and the pastor gently said to her, “Sister, open your mouth, wide.” There in the far back of her mouth was a molar which seemed to be made of silver and gold. She subsequently went to her dentist who confirmed that there was no way any man could have created that molar. That was a gift from God.
 So with this fresh on  my mind we boarded the plane for Scotland. Before leaving the U.S. I had contacted Jews for Jesus international and was given  the names of two  Jewish women in Scotland who were heads of Messianic ministries.  Lee and I settled into our B&B in Bridge of Allen, visited a Church of Scotland which, interestingly, had a woman as the speaker that Sunday morning. We toured, saw the Wallace Memorial,  rode a bus on The Royal Mile. But we knew we had not hit the heart of what God wanted for us on the journey. I had tried, and failed to phone the two women. But finally, 2 days before our departure, SUCCESS! 
Sonya Addleman of Edinburgh answered the phone and immediately, upon hearing my brief testimony, agreed to get the entire board of their ministry together the following day for lunch at a restaurant. Lee and I got there, sat down and as always, I just started chattering away. I told them about the most amazing experience our friend had getting a gold/silver tooth. Little did I know that I was sealing the door shut on any chance of ministry there because this group was  totally horrified by EXCESS and SHOW and SIGNS.
One board member, Dorothe, had taken a liking to me and later told me the problem.
 “Well it wasn’t MY tooth. I didn’t do it! I was just THERE!” I wailed.
Dorothe talked the board, begging them to give me a chance and the following year I was invited to Edinburgh to do a conference for their ministry. It was a solid love-relationship ever since and I’ve returned to Scotland many times, ministering in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Auchenblae and I never get enough! I'm so glad Dorothe gave me a chance!

 The photo is Dorothe. Impatient with watching Neil try unsuccessfully to give Star, the baby Clydesdale an apple which kept falling on the hay, Dorothe plucked it up, took a big bite out of it and handed it to the horse. She is a hero! 

Q. Do you think I was wrong to tell about that experience?



No comments:

Post a Comment