Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I FORGOT TO PRAY!



Here I am sitting at my computer in a dither because I don’t know how to use my website! I don’t know how to add content, add photos or add events. I have been aggravating my web creator who is, after all, artistic–not a teacher of someone 66 years old who needs step by step explanations. I’ve googled self-help ideas, asked friends, considered taking my laptop up to the local high who could teach me.
Five minutes ago I was scrolling down the titles of books on the variation of the theme: “Websites for Numbskulls/Dimwits/Old Folks”.
Then I thought, “I forgot to pray!”
Philippians 4:6,7  (from the ESV) says “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
So–since I’m a step-by-step person I’m going to take those scriptures step by step!
1. STOP BEING ANXIOUS and repent, “Forgive me Lord for allowing myself to be anxious over what You already have covered. I just need to let You uncover it for me.
2.  Pray! Tell God what is wrong. “Lord I cannot figure out this website! It is worthless if I can’t use it!”
3. Supplication. Tell him what I want or need. “Lord I want to be able to easily and fluently add  text, photos, and events, regularly and efficiently in a way that women can access  and participate in the ministry.”
4. Thanksgiving “Thank You Lord for sending me Jez to create this beautiful website. Thank you for the full and glorious ministry you have given me. Thank You for the women whose lives it will touch in a greater way when they can participate from so far away in their lonely spaces.”
5. My request: Please send me the right person or resource, Lord,  who can help me using  my learning style and has a heart for the ministry.”
6. Peace that passes understanding. “Ahhhhh!”
How about you? Are you anxious? Try those steps. They haven’t failed me in all the 30 years I have used them.

No comments:

Post a Comment